Harilal Bhagwati Institute of Communication & Management
Bhavan's College Campus,
Nr. Rifle Club,
Lady Vidyagauri Neelkanth Marg,
Gujarat - 380001
email : firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Phone : 9727272724
Website : www.hbicm.in
- Year of establishment: 1967
- Mandate: To impart professional education to the youth in and around Ahmedabad. Till now tens of thousands of students have studied at HBICM.
- Courses run so far: Journalism, IRPM, International Trade, Materials Management, Marketing and Sales Management, Business Management, Public Relations, Mass Communication, Finance Management.
However, because of COVID-19 in past two years, we have been able to run only the IRPM Course in 2021-22 and IRPM and Journalism Courses in 2022-23. We had 13 (only IRPM) and 29 (Journalism: 22, IRPM: 7) students respectively in these two years.
We introduced a Certificate Course in Hospital Management, in partnership with Ahmedabad Hospitals and Nursing Homes Association. It is a weekend course. We started the first batch in February 2022.
- In December of 2021, HBICM had organized an interaction with Abhishek Jain, film producer and director of many Gujarati films. Students from Bhavan's HBICM and other institutes participated in the interaction.
- HBICM is in process of setting up a reading room cum lecture hall, in memory of famous Gujarati journalist and writer, late Shri Kanti Bhatt. It will have a collection of Kantibhai's personal library, comprising nearly 1,500 books, mostly in English and Gujarati. It will also house a collection of newspaper and magazine articles written by Kantibhai. These are estimated at around 16,000 in numbers. Soon to be open to public, it will be the first of its kind of facility in Ahmedabad, where people can walk in, read a book from the collection, return it and go back.
- A five-day (total 10 hours) Orientation Course for Pharma Sales and Marketing was organized in the first week of October, 2021, in partnership of Tivez Project, a pharmaceutical company based out of Ahmedabad.
- In September 2021, HBICM signed a MoU with Ahmedabad Hospitals and Nursing Homes Association (AHNA) for a course in Hospital Management. AHNA has close to 750 small and big hospitals as well as nursing homes in and around Ahmedabad city, as its members. AHNA will ensure that the Hospital Management Course remains up-to-date, reaping rich dividends to the healthcare sector and the students pursuing course. The first batch began in the first week of February 2022. It is a Certificate Course, with lectures on every weekends.
- The idea behind this MoU is to involve industry, ie, the potential employers, in the academic process, so that the students are job-ready when they complete the studies, and industry get job-ready workforce.
- HBICM plans to intensify and diversify the academia-industry linkages.
- HBICM has an all new website (www.hbicm.in since September 2021), from where the reader can fill the course enquiry form, which generates leads for admissions.