Bhavan Vidyalaya (Senior)
Bhavan Vidyalaya Chandigarh
Sector 27 B,
Chandigarh - 160019
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 0172-5041620
Website : https://www.bhavanchd.com
The Vidyalaya was started in July 1983. It was inaugurated by Swami Kirtidanandji of the Ramakrishna Mission. Counted among the top-rated schools in the country, the school has made a mark for itself by consistently excelling in a host of curricular and co-curricular activities at the International, National and State levels. It is affiliated to the CBSE, New Delhi and runs classes upto Std. XII.
- Special Cell: Committed towards providing Holistic, Inclusive and Socially responsible Education
In 1987, The Special wing for Differently abled children was started in the Sector 27 Campus. It provides a specialized educational environment that facilitates the nurturing and empowerment of these special children. It caters to the educational and social needs of 63 intellectually disabled students, placed under the care and mentorship of a team of highly trained, experienced and devoted special educators.
- Vocational Training
Basic vocational training is imparted to the children to teach them life skills such as self-confidence and self-sufficiency. All the products made through these activities are extremely popular among teachers and parents and sales are organized on Parent-Teacher Meetings and the Annual School Fetes.
- Celebration of festivals and cultural events
Celebrations of festivals & cultural events are organized to-
- teach them the social significance of various festivals that are a part of our nation's rich cultural heritage
- bring out the latent creativities of these special children,
- festivals are celebrated with the customary zeal and ceremonies.
- Project 'Udaan'
- This project reflects our spirit of giving back to our society.
- It is an evening school for underprivileged children and has been running successfully since 2014.
- Held within the school premises, it tutors children from the economically downtrodden sections of the society.
- It helps these children who already attend school, by further enriching their knowledge and assisting them in reaching their full inner potential.
- Two students are also awarded at the end of the session for their performance.
- Implementation of RTE Act:
The RTE Act was adopted by Bhavan Vidyalaya Chandigarh wholeheartedly since its inception.
- Every year 25% EWS students are admitted in the Entry Class.
- School Awards & Recognitions:
- Outstanding Class X & XII Board results year after year, with toppers across the classes and streams both at the National & Tri-city levels.
- Ranked 1st country wide in Academic Reputation and 5th in the country for Leadership and Management Quality by acclaimed agencies like Education World, (most recent being 2021-22 rankings).
- Also ranked the Best Day School in Chandigarh in the 2022 rankings by Career 360.
- Won the prestigious CCPCR award given by Chandigarh Commission for Protection of Child Rights for its exemplary practices in empowering children with special needs.