Bhavan's KM Munshi Centre for Indology
First Floor, Mehta Sadan,
Kasturba Gandhi Road,
New Delhi - 110001
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 9811841183
Website : www.bvbdelhi.org
Dr. K. M. Munshi, gifted with prescience and foresight, opined that India's cultural history and heritage, its scientific contributions to the world, its languages and literature and ethical values will not get their due place in the society under the shadow of western culture after independence. He established Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan to preserve, promote and disseminate Sanskrit and Sankriti- the wisdom path shown by the visionary sages, the moral law which stands for social and national values, and the ideals like Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam for international harmony resulting in peace and sustainable progress.
Bhavan's Centre of Indology established by Sh. Ashok Pradhan, the Director Delhi Kendra aims to go a long way in encouraging academicians all over the world to add quality and substance to the studies. Indology is the pursuit of searching India's scientific discoveries, exploration of human consciousness, philosophical deliberations, medical sciences, linguistics, philology, grammar, aesthetics, state craft and law, social sciences, astrology and astronomy.
The Centre aims at studies of the wealth of Sanskrit. The Centre focuses on revival of the history when India became a perpetual giver of gifts. The Centre also arranges courses, lectures and seminars at national and international levels on lndological topics to enable students to develop a holistic view of Indian heritage. The Centre introduces 'Certiï¬cate and Diploma Courses'. The Centre also looks forward international collaborations for study programs and research. It will add new dimension to the bilateral discourse of India with other friendly countries leading to mutual understanding.
- The Centre has been organising events (Workshops and other activities) to re-establish and rejuvenate interest in the past glory of India.
- Publication of English-Sanskrit Dictionary :
Celebrating the Amrit Mahotsav, Bhavan's Centre for Indology, Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Delhi Kendra is publishing English - Sanskrit Dictionary in 7-8 volumes made by Acharya RaghuVira and edited by Lokesh Chandra and Shashibala. It is the first 'Made in India by Indians' multi-volume, extensive, comprehensive, surpassing all the earlier dictionaries.
- Bharatiya Vidya Sar: A course has been drafted by the Centre for Indology, Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Delhi Kendra under the guidance of eminent scientists retired from NASA, DRDO, IIT etc. and eminent Sanskritists. It is approved by the All India Council of Technical Education for the students of Science and technology coming under its umbrella. The books in two volumes are available at Bhavan's bookshop.
For this rare work AICTE presented à¤ªà¥à¤°à¤¶à¤¸à¥à¤¤à¤¿ à¤ªà¤¤à¥à¤° to Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan in Award ceremony as a token of appreciation.>
- Series of lectures on Ayurveda (They are made available on yotube)
- Certificate course on Diet, Nutrition and Ayurvedic fundamental principles.
Bhavan's KM Munshi Centre for Indology launched a 6 month certificate course on Diet, Nutrition and Ayurvedic fundamental principles to enlighten people how they can remain healthy by themselves.
- A series of talks on Indian temples, Sacred space for secular world, organized celebrating the 75th year of independence
(all the talks are available on youtube)
- International webinar on Gilgit - A Jewel in the crown of India
- Publication of a book on Hindu festivals
- The Ministry of Culture, Government of India, considering the initiative of Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan in promoting 'Indology' released a grant of rup[ees five crores by setting up a 'Chair' in Bhavan's K.M. Munshi Centre for Indology in 2018-19.